As many know, older adults and those with underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19. If you’d like to learn more about this topic and how to protect yourself/others, then put this Zoom call – COVID-19: It’s Complicated (especially for older adults) – on your calendar and join on August 8th for the helpful conversation. More information about this event below.
COViD-19 Guidance for Older Adults
Hyattsville Aging in Place & Helping Hands University Park are co-hosting a socially distant discussion of COVID-19 and how it affects seniors on Saturday, August 8. Dr. Stephanie Trifoglio, a geriatrician who has practiced in our area for decades, will look at the risks of COVID-19 for seniors, as well as provide the latest information on the virus. There will be plenty of time for Q&A during the meeting. Please pre-register for the session by Friday, August 7 at 5 pm. This is a Zoom conference that can be accessed by telephone or online. The session will open at 1:30 pm for chat/help, with the program starting at 2 pm.
To register for COVID-19: It’s Complicated (especially for older adults)
- Call 301-887-3101 (HAP Office) or 301-892-6636 (HHUP Office)
- Visit the Zoom link here.
More Route 1 COVID-19 Resources
- Two great ways to show your support for essential workers and help feed local Prince George’s County families here and here.
- These local garden nurseries deliver to the Route 1 Corridor.
- These Route 1 Small Businesses sell homemade face masks!
- Don’t forget – these local grocery stores offer special shopping hours for our older friends and those with compromised immune systems.
- And these local pharmacies now offer free 1-2 day delivery of your prescription medications.
- Need a break from coronavirus info? Read up on Lakeland, the Historic African American Community of College Park.
- Here’s a list of local businesses providing alcohol-delivery and curbside pickup near the Route 1 corridor.