Many readers have asked Route One Fun for information on local garden centers and nurseries that deliver to Route 1 corridor communities. So far, we’ve found four nurseries in Hyattsville, Bowie, Gaithersburg and DC that delivery to this area (some also offer curbside pickup).
If you know of more Maryland or DC nurseries that deliver plants, mulch, etc. to our area, please add them to the comments below and we’ll update this post ASAP. Thanks!
Nurseries Delivering to Route 1
Denchfield Nursery, Hyattsville
- Free Delivery on Orders Over $100 to the following cities in Maryland: Bethesda, Potomac, North Potomac, Chevy Chase, Kensington, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsville, Mount Rainier, Riverdale, College Park, Brentwood, Bladensburg.
- We also offer deliveries in Washington, DC.
Ginkgo Gardens DC
- Check out Garden Center inventory here
- Delivery fee starts at $25.00 (rates vary depending on location).
Patuxent Nursery, Bowie “For all orders over $100, you can now order plants, mulch, and all your gardening needs and just swing in and pick them up. We also offer local delivery to Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia for an associated fee. Have your plants arrive right to your front door.” Their full inventory list is updated every night on their Curbside webpage.
Seasons Nursery, Gaithersburg
- Delivers to College Park (which suggests might be some flexibility to deliver to additional Route 1 communities). Delivery includes mulch, soils, fertilizers, plants, annuals, perennials and much more. This can be done over the phone during operating business hours at 301-990-6689.
- There will be NO MINIMUM purchase for deliveries until further notice. Seasons Nursery will be cutting the delivery fee in half during this time. This will still allow you to work in your yard without having to leave your safe home!
More Route 1 COVID-19 Resources
- Family Wellness Tips from Hyattsville’s Dr. Qadira Huff.
- These Route 1 Small Businesses sell homemade face masks!
- Don’t forget – these local grocery stores offer special shopping hours for our older friends and those with compromised immune systems.
- And these local pharmacies now offer free 1-2 day delivery of your prescription medications.
- Fun, FREE kids activities? Mandy’s bursting with ideas here.
- One-Stop Shop guide to educational resources during these times? UMD’s COViD-19 Family Resource Guide is very helpful.
- Need some sunshine today? Check out the latest Furry Friends of Route 1 – featuring University Park’s Ollie and Masha.
- Need a break from coronavirus info? Read up on Lakeland, the Historic African American Community of College Park.
- Here’s a list of local businesses providing alcohol-delivery and curbside pickup near the Route 1 corridor.
- Thought it was too late to get a library card? No worries! You can get a PGCMLS Virtual Library card today! Audiobooks, music, movies galore!
- Here’s a way you can help our local baristas, bartenders, servers who are out of work right now: SoHy Co-op Virtual Tip Jar.
If you found this post helpful, please share it with your friends and neighbors.
Anne Spaulding says
Roozens Nursery in Fort Washington delivers non-plant items. No delivery charge for orders over $75.
Thanks for the info, Anne! Will update!
Bonnie Gardiner says
You can order online from Homestead in Davidsonville and go pick it up. They might deliver, but I would imagine the cost would be significant to Hyattsville.
Thanks for the info, Bonnie! Will update to include!
It looks like Home depot is delivering too.
Thanks, Juliette! Wonder if it’s just big items or garden stuff, too? Will check out!
Lauren R says
Hi! Thanks! For mulch/compost: I’ve done a no-contact pick-up at Denchfield with a neighbor’s pick-up truck (and maybe they’d let a person scoop their own mulch, compost, etc). Called from the truck to pay over the phone, drove back to the compost, an employee uses a bobcat to fill it. Done!
Nice! Good to know re. no-contact pick-up! May have to try that out ourselves…!