Many Route One Fun readers have been asking for information on local goodwill / thrift stores that are currently accepting donations. Up until today, we really didn’t have any word on such aside from a tip about Value Village in Adelphi accepting donations – which later turned out to not be the case (per email from store).
Salvation Army Hyattsville Reopening
This morning, however, we received word that Salvation Army on Kenilworth Ave in Hyattsville is reopening this Saturday, May 30th, 9am-5pm and is accepting donations (as well as scheduling appointments for furniture donation pickups).
More information from the store:
To our Family Store shoppers and generous donors:
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we recently suspended all donation pick-ups and temporarily closed all of our Washington, DC area Family Thrift Stores per the “Shelter-in-place” rules.
We have made the decision to reopen the Family Store located at 3304 Kenilworth Ave in Hyattsville, Saturday, May 30th, from 9 AM to 5 PM. Shoppers will receive 50% OFF* throughout the store during the ReOpening this Saturday! *Excluding Furniture, Mattresses and Mattress Sets. Regular store hours going forward will be Monday through Saturday. from 9 am to 5 pm until further notice. We will reopen all other locations as soon as possible.
The safety of our customers, staff, and community continues to be our highest priority. We have taken all precautions to ensure that all surfaces are being cleaned and sanitized regularly, as well as all employees will be screened for fever, cough, and shortness of breath prior to their shift beginning.
While we re-evaluate what community looks like, the Washington DC Adult Rehabilitation Center, and the 146+ individuals participating in our residential recovery program, thank you for your kindness and patience, as well as your prayers during this unprecedented time.
More Route 1 COVID-19 Resources
- Two great ways to show your support for essential workers and help feed local Prince George’s County families here and here.
- These local garden nurseries deliver to the Route 1 Corridor.
- These Route 1 Small Businesses sell homemade face masks!
- Don’t forget – these local grocery stores offer special shopping hours for our older friends and those with compromised immune systems.
- And these local pharmacies now offer free 1-2 day delivery of your prescription medications.
- Need a break from coronavirus info? Read up on Lakeland, the Historic African American Community of College Park.
- Here’s a list of local businesses providing alcohol-delivery and curbside pickup near the Route 1 corridor.
Route One Fun runs on the support of its advertisers and readers like you! So if you love the local updates and stories you read here, please consider advertising or sharing this post with a friend. Thank you!