Happy Cinco de Mayo – and Grocery Store Update Time! If you’re grocery shopping today, report back in the comments with what you see / don’t see out there. Doing so will help your neighbors decided where to go and where to avoid – which will reduce unnecessary exposure to coronavirus vectors.
Also, considering doing these updates weekly as opposed to daily, i.e. Monday post where folks add insight to comments throughout the week. If you have any feedback on this revision, please let me know! Sarah at routeonefun dot com.
More Route 1 COVID-19 Resources
- These local garden nurseries deliver to the Route 1 Corridor?
- Family Wellness Tips from Hyattsville’s Dr. Qadira Huff.
- These Route 1 Small Businesses sell homemade face masks!
- Don’t forget – these local grocery stores offer special shopping hours for our older friends and those with compromised immune systems.
- And these local pharmacies now offer free 1-2 day delivery of your prescription medications.
- Need a break from coronavirus info? Read up on Lakeland, the Historic African American Community of College Park.
- Here’s a list of local businesses providing alcohol-delivery and curbside pickup near the Route 1 corridor.
Route One Fun runs on the support of its advertisers and readers like you! So if you love the local updates and stories you read here, please consider advertising or sharing this post with a friend. Thank you!
Anyone still looking for flour, found last two bags of bread flour in Yes Hyattsville. Fully stocked with Bob’s AP and whole wheat flour too, as well as bags of yeast. Had all other cheese except for parmesan, which I was looking for!
Allison P shares: “Costco has toilet paper, AP flour, and canned beans.”
Home Depot College Park had lots of TP this morning. Shoppers next door had none.
Kristen B shares: “Tuesday update Walmart in Laurel had limited toilet paper and paper towels and some bleach Sam’s Club in Laurel had no paper towels no toilet paper no cleaning supplies and no ground beef. And no eggs at Sam’s.”
Krista Atteberry says
Big difference between Giant and Safeway on East West highway this morning between 7:00-8:00 am. Giant had no napkins, TP, papertowels. No ground beef — only a couple of steaks. Giant did have non frozen 1/4 chicken pieces in big bags.
Safeway had a variety of meats including fish, chicken, and ground beef. Also had TP and paper towels. Safeway’s produce section was also better stocked.
Side note — Riverdale Town Market now very low on Bota Boxes — apparently Bota Box not shipping much inventory to them 🙁
All good to know! Thanks for the update, Krista!
Leah R Wolf says
Sounds like Safeway has been able to adjust its supply chain.