With the holiday weekend ahead of us, dropping some knowledge on (and a DISCOUNT CODE for Route One Fun readers too) Hyper Kidz, an ultimate, super-duper fun indoor playground in Columbia, Maryland that’s perfect for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and older kids to climb, slide, carousel, bounce, jump and run all around! (And you’ll be thrilled to learn that it’s just behind Black Flag Brewing Company – because I also care about your needs. 😜)
Hyper Kidz Indoor Playground, Big Kid Zone!
When you step inside Hyper Kidz, you’ll see that there are actually three kids play zones with fun indoor activities, each targeting different age groups. The Big Kid Zone is for kids ages 3-13 and includes a massive jungle gym, three tall, long slides, a ball blaster, ramps and more.
Toddler & Preschooler Zone at Hyper Kidz
Infant & Toddler Zone at Hyper Kidz
And then there’s the Mini Zone, a self-contained play area for infants and toddlers up to 2 years old. We didn’t spend much time there but it did look perfect for the mighty wee ones and I can attest that when my curious 4-year old tried to enter, she was respectfully rebuffed by the polite employee who told her that this area was just for 0-2 year olds (a peace of mind, I’m sure, for parents with kiddos of the younger variety).
We really enjoyed our time at Hyper Kidz. While I do wish that it was located closer to my neck of the woods (as I wish everything was 😆), the drive to Columbia was well worth it for the fun they had – especially my 4 year old; she could have stayed there all day! As for my 8-year old, an hour and a half or so was good enough for him. I sense that 8 or 9-years old is probably the max for Hyper Kidz. Just keepin’ it real witchoo!
- If planning to go in the morning, plan to arrive 20 minutes or so after opening as the usual line will have diminished by then;
- Check the Hyper Kidz Facebook page prior to heading out as they’ll post there if they’ve already reached capacity for the day or a period of time (it happens).
- Plan to spend between 1.5 to 2 hours here (perhaps more if you’re really determined. 😆
- BRING YOUR OWN SOCKS! PARENTS, TOO! If you forget to do so, never fear – they do have simple, plain socks available for purchase (which is a relief because dear me, I have more Pump-It-Up socks than I have children – which is two, too many).
- We did not make it to Black Flag Brewing Company but I did notice that their hours are mainly in the afternoon – so take that into account is this is to be a part of your excursion.
Discount Code for Hyper Kidz! 💰
Lucky for you, Hyper Kids is offering Route One Fun readers $2 off a weekday admission just for mentioning “Route One Fun” at checkout (making it $5 for infants, $7 for ages 1-2, $9 for ages 3-13)! 👏
Go! Enjoy! And then come back and share your experience with us all in the comments below!
Address & Info for Hyper Kidz
Hyper Kidz is located at 9309 Snowden River Parkway, Columbia, Maryland 21046.
See Hyper Kidz website for admission and hours information (and mention “Route One Fun” for $2 off a weekday admission!)
More Ideas for Indoor Fun
Route One Fun’s got ton more ideas on affordable ways to have fun indoors right here!