Winter Break Fun in Maryland & DC (for Route 1 Toddlers & Preschoolers)
|And that’s mine and that’s mine…at Wegmans Wonderplace|
With some daycares and preschools closing during the Winter Break along Route 1 and the DC Metro Area, having a game plan on how to entertain them young’ns will sure come in handy when they start to get restless. So, check it: Route One Fun’s got a fresh list of 10 great things to do in Maryland and DC with Route 1 toddlers and pre-schoolers! Read on and high-five me later! 😄
10 Fun Things to Do with Toddlers & Preschoolers over Winter Break in Maryland & DC
Before we get to the list, know that these activities are not just for the one to five-year old crew, just that this age group will like them the most (based on personal experience). Hours vary, so call ahead to confirm status. And FREE means that there’s no admission fee while “$” denotes an admission fee.
2. Explore inside the College Park Aviation Museum ($) and its hands-on activities, costumes to don and interactive exhibits, it’s a great place that keeps little hands and minds busy. AND you can also check out the Holiday Trains and Planes exhibit! (Great discount on admission via Groupon here.)
4. Burn up some energy at Hyper Kidz – Indoor Playground ($)! With unlimited play, perfect for kids to climb, slide, carousel, bounce, jump and run around all day! (Mention “Route One Fun” for $2 off admission.) And you can buy yourself some coffee, a la Keurig, inside. 🙂
|Can you spot the snake? (I hope not. 😬)|
8. Perfect time for some ice-skating! The Herbert Wells Ice Rink ($) in College Park is huge and perfect for newbies to test out their skills. (Check the schedule for the public skating sessions; the super saver and/or family sessions are great value!)
9. While the weather may not be perfect, that’s the perfect reason to head to the National Zoo (FREE)! During the winter, the zoo is not as crowded and with enough indoor exhibits for young ones to explore, it will be well worth your time! (And since you’re in the general area, Comet Ping Pong about 3-4 minute drive north of the Zoo in Cleveland Park is a great pizza / beer spot.)
10. Do a family scavenger hunt, explore the winding nature exhibits at the Patuxent Research Refuge in Laurel (FREE). Read about our fun time at the Patuxent Research Refuge here. Since you’re in the area, why not check out the Kids Room at the beautiful Laurel Library and then grab a tasty Ceremony coffee at Sip at C Street? So. Many. Options! 🙂
Got any more events or ideas to add to this list? Enter them in the comments below and I’ll update the list!
🎄 Still in the holiday spirit? There are still fun, festive events happening in our area! Check out Route One Fun’s 2018 Holiday Events Guide for more great ideas!
👀 Stay tuned for tomorrow’s guide on things to do over winter break with the 5 years-old and up crew!