2/10/20 Update: Offer 1 session at 10:30am.
Searching for fun, free, weekday things to do near the Route 1 Corridor with the infant, toddler and preschooler children? Tuesday morning Circle Time at the Takoma Park Maryland Library, full of books, songs, and rhymes, comes highly recommended from local (really, global) superstar Mandy Sheffer. Read on for Mandy’s scoop on why this library’s Neighborhood Circle Time for children five-years-old and younger rocks!
Tuesday Circle Time at Takoma Park Library
“On Tuesdays, we rave at Takoma Park Maryland Library’s ‘Community Circle Time’ (
there’s a 10am and 11am session 2/10/20 Update: Just do one session at 10:30am). It’s legit awesome, especially when local rockstar Mr. Gabe MCs with Miss Karen the librarian; seriously, look at how much fun she is having!
Circle Time Travel Tips
- Parking can be a nightmare, so park on Grant Ave and walk the 2 minutes downhill to the library.
- Pack a picnic lunch and stop at the playground off Grant Ave before heading home. There’s a fun bamboo “forest” to run and hide in, too!”
Neighborhood Circle Time
- Tuesdays at 10:30am
10am OR 11am. (Because of crowding, we ask people to attend one or the other.)
- Registration for these is helpful because we can let you know if a program needs to be canceled or rescheduled.
The Takoma Park Maryland Library is located at 101 Philadelphia Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912.
Many thanks to Mandy for sharing your insight and great tips with all of us! If you want to share your recommendations for kid-friendly fun along Route 1, reach out to Sarah at Routeonefun dot com and we’ll make it happen!
More Indoor Fun
Searching for more fun, indoor activities to add to your list?
- Check out the Children’s Room at the Laurel Public Library – full of gadgets for little hands, dress up, and books, of course!
- The Mount Rainier Nature Center has a bunny rabbit, guinea pig, hissing cockroach…iguana and more for your little ones to explore (as well as a play space and an adjacent playground);
- Hyper-Kidz is always a fun time and if you go weekdays, you can use the special discount for Route One Fun readers!
Even more fun ideas for Indoor Fun near Route 1 here!