We loooooove the Wizard of Oz-themed playground at Watkins Regional Park in Upper Marlboro yet! If you haven’t checked it out yet, here’s a peek at what you’ve got to look forward to at this truly amazing, huge, colorful and creative playground!
Explore Dorothy’s Aunty Em & Uncle Henry’s Kansas Farm:
Slide down Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers:
Enter Emerald City to Find a Bounty of Jungle Gyms!
Hide out in Munchkin Land:
Play some music before jumping into one of Dorothy’s hot air balloons!
Travel Tips When Visiting Wizard of Oz Playground:
- Playground is good for children up to about age 10-12.
- Playground can get busy so if you have a toddler/younger kiddo, I’d recommend arriving on the early-ish side (before 10am) or later in the afternoon (say 3-4pm).
- Restrooms are adjacent to the playground (score!)
- While some areas of the playground are shaded, a majority are in open, direct sun so plan accordingly (hats, sunscreen, bug spray);
- There’s no place to buy food inside the park (that I know of!) so pack a lunch/some snacks to enjoy by one of the adjacent picnic spots.
- Parking is available next to the playground (depending on availability) or nearby (so not an issue).
Location & Hours
Watkins Regional Park is located at 301 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro (about a 30-40 minute drive from Hyattsville / Riverdale Park area). Hours: 8am to dusk.
Have you checked out this playground yet? If so, what was your favorite part?!?
Like what you just read? Sweet! Please follow Route One Fun on Facebook and Instagram to read even more fun posts like this one! 🙂
[…] nice day, why not take a stroll exterior alongside the stunning nature paths to the merely superb Wizard of Oz Playground?!? Not hyperbole to notice that that is the perfect. playground. […]
[…] pleasant day, why not take a walk outside along the lovely nature paths to the simply amazing Wizard of Oz Playground?!? Not hyperbole to note that this is a the best. playground. […]
[…] great Imagination (& other) Playgrounds? Check out the fun to be had at the amazing Wizard of Oz Playground at Watkins Regional Park in Upper Marlboro. Enjoy the forts at Frontier Fort Playground in Lanham and the University Hills […]
[…] through the woods. Play a game of mini-golf on their 18-hole course then check out this amazing Wizard of Oz playground! When: 12pm-5pm Where: Watkins Regional Park, Upper Marlboro Cost: Train or Carousel $2; Mini Golf […]
[…] like the fab Wizard of Oz playground! Get psyched for a great time and read our review of the Wizard of Oz Playground here! When: 10-11am Where: Watkins Nature Center, 301 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro Cost: […]