🧹 🧻 🍎 Good (Saturday) morning! Time for Grocery Store Update. Noticing trends: Better results shopping early morning (though check our post re special shopping days/hours for seniors and immunocompromised so that don’t overlap), Target Express in College Park is well-stocked and not crowded; the CVS in College Park Shopping Center also seems to be well-stocked and few shoppers. @yesorganic in Hyattsville appears to be well-stocked and good with social distancing as does @h.glut in Mount Rainer. @wholefoods in Riverdale Park is good w/ sanitizing shopping carts though inventory can be spotty. Shoppers in College Park (by IKEA) consistently gets good feedback re inventory. Ok. I have now become a grocery store expert. 🤦♀️ Good morning and please report back, folks!
Community COVID-19 Resources
- Fun, FREE kids activities? Mandy’s bursting with ideas here.
- One-Stop Shop guide to educational resources during these times? UMD’s COViD-19 Family Resource Guide is very helpful.
- Need some sunshine today? Check out the latest Furry Friends of Route 1 – featuring University Park’s Ollie and Masha.
- Need a break from coronavirus info? Read up on Lakeland, the Historic African American Community of College Park.
- Don’t forget – these local grocery stores offer special shopping hours for our older friends and those with compromised immune systems.
- And these local pharmacies now offer free 1-2 day delivery of your prescription medications.
- Here’s a way you can help our local baristas, bartenders, servers who are out of work right now: SoHy Co-op Virtual Tip Jar.
If you found this post helpful, please share it with your friends and neighbors.