These dog days of summer are making us all scream – sometimes for ice cream, sometimes for other things… 😉 So, where are the best places to get frozen treats near the Route 1 corridor? While many lamented the absence of any dedicated, mom-n-pop scoop shops near Route 1, here’s what many shared as their go-to places for ice cream, custard and frozen yogurt! Know of others that should be on this list? Add them to the comments below and we’ll update momentarily!
- The Dairy at UMD. “Obviously, the BEST ice cream is The Dairy at UMD. Fresh, real, lots of fun flavors, made here, etc.”
- Rita’s Italian Ice. “While not ice cream, Rita’s Italian Ice does sell delicious custard (and Italian Ices, obviously).”
- Cold Stone Creamery. “Cool ice cream creations but usually a long line a small seating area.”
- Baskin Robbins
- Yogi Castle
- Baskin Robbins in West Hyattsville.
- Carvel. We’ve yet to check this one out but having grown up with Carvel / Fudgie the Whale in New York, it’s on our list!
- Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe. “Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe usually makes appearances at the Riverdale Park Farmers Market on Thursdays and their creations are divine!”
And Dairy Queen in University Park….Just kidding! (Sorry, this heat is clearly getting to us! 😉
Coming Soon…Thai Rolled Ice Cream!
Check out this list for local Kids Eat Free meals!