Spring is here! Flowers are blooming, the days are longer and the Route 1 corridor’s housing market is heating up! If you’re a home buyer trying to get a feel for what’s on the market then visiting open houses is a great place to start!
Always quick to help, Route 1 realtor Tamara Beauchard’s got three great tips to help you get the most out of your open house visit and a guide to this weekend’s open houses along the Route 1 corridor. Lucky ducks – you’ll be ready to hit the ground running!
3 Tips for Visiting Open Houses
- Talk to the agent! Don’t be the person who just walks past that great resource standing right in front of them. Ask the agent details about the house. Ask them if they are local. Ask them what they like best about the neighborhood and the community. Find out their favorite restaurants… their gym …their coffee shop… their hidden gems. You will be amazed how much you will learn when you talk to us.
- Be a house connoisseur! Take notes about what you like and don’t like about the house. Give it a rating. This will help you really drill down into what you want and what is realistically available for your budget. You will learn so much about value and when you find the perfect house you will be able to make an offer with complete confidence.
- Soak in the neighborhood! Stroll up and down the street a bit. Are there barking dogs? Is the traffic noise loud? The surroundings of the house are just as important as the inside. Give yourself at least as much time outside of the house as you spend inside the house.
I want you to be the smartest buyer out there. The information you get by following these tips will make you a power home shopper. Want even more tips? Check out my latest video about making the most of your open house visit!
How Do I Find Open Houses?
So now that you know how to make the best out of your open house visits, you may be wondering just where you should go to find upcoming open houses. Here’s my advice:
- Give me a call (240-413-4141) and check out my website. I’m happy to keep you informed on upcoming open houses and help you find your new home!
- Check online real estate websites like Realtor.com. As with most listing websites, you can search for open houses based on criteria such as location, date, etc.
- Cruise the neighborhood. Drive around and explore the area; you’ll likely find an open house sign here and there.
I’m also happy to share a copy of my Guide to Open Houses Happening Along the Route One Corridor this Weekend with you!
Buy & Sell Your Home with Tamara Beauchard
Tamara is a hyper-local real estate agent with a creative edge who focuses on the dynamic Route One neighborhoods including Hyattsville, Mount Rainier, Riverdale, University Park, College Park and Greenbelt. As a licensed architect and former lead designer of a local boutique design-build company, Tamara combines her knowledge design and architecture to help her clients’ achieve their housing goals.
As a realtor who has lived in the DC area for over a decade and now calls University Park home, Tamara knows the Route 1 communities very well and looks forward to helping you find your home here, too.
This guest post was sponsored by Tamara Beauchard of RE/MAX Professionals, the Dixie Meadows Team. Thank you for supporting businesses who support us!