|Scene from the Emerald City|
Festival of Lights at Watkins Regional Park
|Santa Shootin’ Some Hoops!|
|The Stars & Stripes at the Festival of Lights|
- Eat before you go: There are not a ton of places to eat near Watkins Regional Park, though we did spot a Chipotle at Watkins Park Plaza, and we have taken the kids to the nearby McDonalds on Central Ave as it has a playground / place space inside where they have had fun.
- Empty your tanks before you enter: While the drive itself is only about 30 minute drive, give or take, you cannot stop the car to jump out and find a bathroom, so plan accordingly.
- Plan to Arrive between 6:15 & 7pm. We’ve been a couple of times now and have found that arriving too close to 5:30pm (opening time) may have you waiting a bit for to get into the Festival whereas our 6:15/20pm arrivals find us with minimal wait time (say 5-10 minutes or so).
- Bring a donation of canned food: Please bring canned goods for donations to local food banks this holiday season (they will collect your donation as you pay/enter the park).
- Enjoy Yourself…Don’t Go Crazy with the Camera: Trying to capture the memories on camera while in a moving car doesn’t really make for totally awesome photos (clearly speaking from experience 😑).
|A crab and her candy cane.|
Admission & Information for Festival of Lights at Watkins Regional Park
Watkins Regional Park is located at 301 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774.
|Until next year!|