Slide down Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers:
Enter Emerald City to Find a Bounty of Jungle Gyms!
Hide out in Munchkin Land:
Play some music before jumping into one of Dorothy’s hot air balloons!
Couple of tips:
- Playground is good for children up to about age 10-12.
- Playground can get busy so if you have a toddler/younger kiddo, I’d recommend arriving on the early-ish side (before 10am) or later in the afternoon (say 3-4pm).
- Restrooms are adjacent to the playground (score!)
- While some areas of the playground are shaded, a majority are in open, direct sun so plan accordingly (hats, sunscreen, bug spray);
- There’s no place to buy food inside the park (that I know of!) so pack a lunch/some snacks to enjoy by one of the adjacent picnic spots.
- Parking is available next to the playground (depending on availability) or nearby (so not an issue).
Watkins Regional Park is located at 301 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro (about a 30-40 minute drive from Hyattsville / Riverdale Park area). Hours: 8am to dusk.
Have you checked out this playground yet? If so, what was your favorite part?!?